Tuesday, November 25, 2003
Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday and here's why:
1. Friends and Family
2. Open to everyone, no citizenship requirements
3. Great food
4. Nothing required of you other than to eat and be thankful
5. Devoid of excess commercialism unlike you-know-what
6. You get two days off from work (most people do anyway)
7. Completely secular
8. Did I mention great food?
This year I will be making three desserts. A cranberry walnut tart, a pear ginger upside down cake and a third surprise dessert. I'm terribly sorry that I didn't get organized enough to write up the recipe for a special creation of mine involving pumpkin and filo dough, but I promise to write the recipe this year and post it next year.