Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Spring Onion Kebabs: Recipe
Here is a recipe I created for Dannon:
Spring Onion Kebabs
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken
(breasts, thighs or combination)
1 bunch of green onions, 6 – 10 total
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup Dannon® All Natural Plain
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
4 bamboo skewers
1. Cut chicken roughly into 1 ½-inch chunks.
2. Chop the bottom 1/3 of the green onions that is white and pale green, to get 1/4 cup. Place the chopped green onions, salt, pepper, yogurt and oil into the blender and blend on high until smooth.
3. Place chicken in a zip lock plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours. Cut the rest of the green onion tops into 1-inch pieces.
4. Meanwhile, soak 4 bamboo skewers in water while chicken is marinating.
5. Preheat broiler. Onto the skewers, thread the chicken, alternating with green onion. Broil chicken 3 inches from heat. Flip the skewers after they have cooked for about five minutes. Cook until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. Do not overcook.
Yield: 4 servings